Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Career Woman

For a long time Lily wanted to be a construction "worker" who ran a crane. Then we visited a chocolate factory, and she learned that employees got unlimited free chocolate, and she found a new profession.

Then she decided she wanted to be a toy maker. ("And when we're all grown up and you don't have a job any more, Mom, you can come work with me" to which I replied, "I'm not sure if I can be a toymaker, Lily, it sounds a bit tricky." She thought about that a while and said, "Well, I can make the toys and you can put them in the boxes, that wouldn't be too hard, right?"

So today when she told me she wanted to be a policeman girl, I commented on how many jobs she wanted to do. She said, "Well, maybe I could be a worker on Sunday and a chocolate person on Monday and make the toys on Tuesday and just do a different job each day. What do you think of that?"

"Well, that might be a lot of school... but if you want to, that's fine."

"Oh, good!"

No comments:

Post a Comment