Wednesday, May 9, 2012

(Yet Another) Praise Report

It's been IEP time around here, and my lack of posts on the blog prove it.  Today was the IEP meeting, and it went so very well. 

Now that William is in elementary school, he has all new service providers writing his IEPs.  The good news is that the lead teacher is an absolute gem.  I have to wonder if she's a Christian.  She has been extremely attentive, working to get a full picture of William and seeking to implement just about every suggestion his private providers or I have made.  And she'll be in charge of his IEPs for the next three years.

In addition, the elementary speech therapist has decided (at least at this point) to defer to his private provider SLP as well and included almost all of his speech and language goals.  That's 4 goals with a total of 14 objectives just for communication.  Pretty amazing...

I wish I would have posted about the process so you all could have been praying with me, but at least now you can rejoice with me. =)

If you would like to pray for something for us, pray for wisdom for next year's schedule.  We need to decide whether or not we get a new tutor with William's current tutor retiring.  I am also seeking God for social opportunities for Lily, especially if I need to be schooling William by myself.  I've had a growing concern for her to have experiences outside the disability world.  God has been so very faithful, I know He will make a way again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment