Tuesday, February 21, 2012

After Three Days of Phonics:

We got Leapfrog's Letter Factory video from the library this week. I found some free flashcards online that have the visual cues from the movie (L is licking a lollipop, R has wheels like a racecar, etc) The kids are so into it! Lily didn't want to perform alone, but here's William's rendition:


As you can see, the vowels are hard for him. Some of the other letters are also difficult since he has trouble pronouncing them in general (like 'r' and 'v'). Still, for only working on it for three days, I think he does pretty well. And the best part is, both children are so excited to learn and show off what they know!
PS. A big thanks to my dear husband for finding a way to get videos back on this blog!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Great job William!!! I am so proud of you! And Bethany, you are a wonderful teacher! I'm sure this must bring tears to your eyes! I am so thankful for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bethany, I had lost your blog but Hannah gave me the site.
    It was so good to hear of the progress with William. You are an amazing mother and teacher. I like the way you are so involved with your children in teaching and nuturing them in education and spiritual things. I commend you.
    Keep up the good work as God is using it and will reward you with success in all those areas.
    Thoughts of you and yours..Love Phyllis Polhemus

    ReplyDelete