Friday, August 10, 2012

Addicted to Christmas

William is addicted to Christmas.  It's his favorite thing to play after Thomas.  About a week ago, in 90 degree weather, he dressed up in his Santa suit and went outside with a trash bag full of toys.  Later I went outside and found the sled in the driveway with the trash bag on it.  The sled rope was attached to our ride-on Thomas and a pair of paper antlers was taped to Thomas' funnel. 

A few days later William got up in the morning and started moving the loveseat in the living room.  "What are you doing, bud?" I asked.  "Christmas tree," he answered.  He remembered that we move the loveseat to make room for the Christmas tree every year.  So I tried very hard to explain to him that this was August and it was summer and hot and Christmas isn't until December (flipping the pages on the calendar) when it's winter and snowy and cold.  And I got to clean behind the loveseat.

So then this morning when William said, "Christmas tree!" again, I got nervous.  But he brought down the diaper champ, set it on a chair with authority and showed me he was just pretending.  And he let his sisters help, which made it fun for everyone.  I took this picture 3/4 of the way through.  The finished product had his fisher price little people train track around the bottom and paper cut-out snowflakes around the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment