Tuesday, August 7, 2012

William is Seven!


 Wow, my kids are growing up!  It's just wild.  William was able to pick his own birthday theme this year, which was super fun- Cars.  Here he is vigilently guarding his cupcakes after Abby put her signature on one.

 We're working on William understanding that he is seven, and that each birthday is when you get one year older.  I don't think he gets it yet, but he certainly understood the day was for him.  We had had to postpone the party a week since I was sick, so I hadn't made a big deal about it beforehand.  But last night when I iced the cupcakes, we talked about it, and he got super excited.  This morning on the way to the playground, he kept saying, "Party....party....party!"

The best part was that he was able to interact with the other kids, thank them for their presents and talk a bit about them.  My favorite moment was when a friend gave him a colored picture of a pirate ship and William said, "Thanks, Matey!"

No comments:

Post a Comment