Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July Parade


Our town has a little parade for the Fourth.  It's pretty much firetrucks, veterans, and few businesses.  The bulk of the parade is made up of children.  Any child can decorate their bike and sign up to be in the parade.  This was the first year we did it.  Daddy walked with the kids and Grandma & Grandpa B watched and waved with Abby and me.

I didn't have any info or know anyone who did it before, so I didn't know if we were suppose to be patriotic or not.  I decided to let the kids do their own theme, since that'd be more fun for them.  It turned out everyone else was patriotic, but William still won third prize.



Then there were games, free food, and a bounce house at the park.  It was super hot, so we didn't stay long.  But we got to see the hoola hoop contest, which I found amazing.  I think Lily had hoped to participate in that, but when she saw how good the kids were, she enjoyed just watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment