Sunday, November 18, 2012

Apple Orchard

We had two apple orchards on the farm where I grew up.  One of my favorite memories is making apple cider.  I loved watching the different machines that got set up outside, I loved the smell of the apple butter cooking inside, and most of all I loved waking up the next day and seeing the row of gallon jugs filled with apple cider lining the driveway. 

So it was especially fun to see the kids get into picking apples this year. They were much more discerning pickers this time, and were able to engage in conversation and really enjoy the day. The older two loved the wagon ride. Abby was scared at first, but then she got used to it. Her favorite thing was holding the bag of apples.





 
At the end, the kids played in the pumpkin patch area, and got a treat from the general store, and it just felt like a visit to the past.  So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment