Friday, July 15, 2011

Song Reservoir

I'm so grateful for my childhood. In challenging times like this week, I find myself remembering experiences and songs from GFC, the church where I grew up. I know people sometimes make fun of the "clappy happy" songs of the Jesus movement, but the foundational truths they contain and childlike faith they proclaim are a reservoir of grace for me:

"This is the day that the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it."

"I've got a river of life flowing out of me...opens prison doors and sets the captive free...Spring up, oh well, within my soul...and give to me that life abundantly."

"As the deer panteth for the waters so my soul longeth after Thee. You alone are my heart's desire and I long to worship Thee."

"God is so good, God is so good, God is so good, He's so good to me."

No comments:

Post a Comment