Friday, August 5, 2011

Living History

Do you ever feel like you're living in a biography? I have this week. And as I've prayed for wisdom, I've thought of some of my biography friends.

-What would John Murray do?

-You know how John Adams said, "We have not men fit for the times"? I sure hope we're as wrong as he was.

-Remember how Hudson Taylor prayed and told God that he didn't know what he was doing, and so if God wanted him to start this mission, He would have to take charge of it? And sure enough, Taylor made some major mistakes the first year he brought other missionaries to China, and the young mission almost collapsed. Then God had Taylor's daughter get sick and die, and that removed hard feelings and united everyone again....

God have mercy on us!

No comments:

Post a Comment