Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Eternal God

[I know that people often avoid discussing controversies. A man at the church here told me how when the church left PDI years ago, no one talked to anyone else about it. They didn't want to gossip or influence each other. So no one knew what anyone else was doing, and in a very difficult season, they each walked alone.

I don't want to gossip, and this is not a forum for discussion, but I don't want to walk alone. So I'm going to share my experience as we go along. Thanks for listening, and more importantly thank you for praying.
]

Yesterday the Sovereign Grace Board posted the results of the first panel regarding CJ Mahaney's qualifications for ministry. As much as I could see it coming, my heart still sunk when I read it. I told Eric, it felt like my world was falling apart.

Today I was encouraged by the words of this worship song. I'm not sure if I have them all right or who the artist is, but the truth helped me.

Eternal God
Though the earth should tremble and the oceans roar
And the mountains slip into the sea;
I shall not fear any harm, with your powerful arms around me.

I worship You, Eternal God
I worship You, the Unchanging One
Before the angels ever sang one song
Before the morning star had ever shone
You were on Your throne,
Eternal God

Though men’s kingdoms crumble and the nations rage
And rulers and kings come and go;
Yours is the Kingdom unshaken, and You’ve never forsaken Your own!

I worship You, Eternal God
I worship You, the Unchanging One
Before the angels ever sang one song
Before the morning star had ever shone
You were on Your throne,
Eternal God

[Post Script: Eric told me tonight that Mark Altrogge wrote this song in the early 90's, which makes it even more sweet to me...]

2 comments: